Tuesday, November 08, 2005

The bath is Fun!





Today we went and saw Rob and Betsy’s new baby Abby. As you can see she she has the same name as me. That is because her parents liked my name so much they named her after me. She is so cute!! I was wondering how you would do with me holding another baby but you did fine. You were pretty interested in what she was. I brought her down to your level and you looked at her and tried to touch her. I didn’t want you to hurt her, so I only let you touch her when I was not holding her because I wanted to hold your hand. Abby’s older sister Elly, who I use to nanny, had a baby doll on the floor. You have never seen a doll before so you enjoyed playing with it. I think you played with it the whole time we were there. You were pretty gentle with it, you didn’t try to poke its eyes out or anything, so that was a good sign of how you might be with a sibling. Elly was sleeping when we got there and when she woke up she was a little cranky, so you didn’t get to play with her much. Last time we went there you had so much fun playing with her. You do really well playing with older kids, I hope it’s something you will continue to do. We stayed there for about an hour and a half and then headed home. On the way home you were pretty grouchy in the car and that continued when we got home. We played on the floor for a little while and then you had some dinner.
When I was pregnant with you I played this game at one of my showers. You had to smell different baby foods and try to guess what they were. With my great sense of smell, because of pregnancy, I was able to guess all of them correctly. One of them though made me sick, peas. So I told myself that I was not going to feed you them because they smelled so gross. I waited awhile before I feed them to you, and now they are one of your favorites. Lucky for me they don’t make me sick anymore. So for dinner you had peas and some apricots. You ate a lot for dinner I guess you must have been hungry and maybe that was why you were getting grumpy. After dinner we played some more on the floor, mostly you wanted be to hold you. So I held you on my lap and we watched some TV. Around 7 pm we went up and I gave you a bath. You are so crazy in the bath now I can’t help but laugh at you the whole time. You got me soaked tonight. You were taking the washcloth, with both hands, and throwing it into the water. You thought it was pretty funny too because the whole time you were doing it you were laughing. I remember the first time we gave you a bath at home. You screamed and cried the whole time. You really did not like baths then. Now you scream and cry when we take you out of the bath. You also tried to crawl in the tub tonight too but found that it is a little hard to do. Now that you are such a wild man in the tub it makes it kind of hard to wash you. I can see now that it will only get worse. Pretty soon you will be trying to standup in the tub and walk around. That will be scary!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

mesothelioma
mesothelioma